Thursday 17 March 2011

Ideas - One

Originally I've always wanted the Style Observer to become a publication that wasn't like a magazine. I wanted there to be a clear line between a monthly magazine and a trend prediction publication that forcasted trends for 12 months ahead. However I started to doubt myself as magazines can themselves predict the trends in different ways and act as an inspiration for many. With The Style Observer it needed clear definition and a a unique approach to fashion. I looked at many options; blogs, newsletters, a website and ended up with a newspaper. I ocassionally collect The Stool Pigeon from my local Vintage shop and had always thought it was a lovely idea and just like a newspaper The Style Observer will be used to inform. I liked the idea that I hadn't ever heard of a fashion newspaper before and so pursued the idea. I looked into ideas and came across a printers called The Newspaper Club. People had used them to produce the standard newspaper as well as their portfolios Journals. Heres a few of the examples that I particularly liked;






No comments:

Post a Comment